Monday, May 7, 2012

WELCOME TO MY NEW BLOG

 
Welcome to my new blog.


It is sort of a continuation in a way from the blog I have been writing for the last 2 years, 16 of those months have been pretty much daily entries.  I basically travelled all 7 continents making notes from the road-travel writing at ground level and I had the time of my life. I met amazing people and seen what this beautiful world had to offer and memories I will never forget. 
http://berniesworldodyssey.blogspot.com/  


So now I start a new chapter in my life, which after my World Odyssey it always had to happen, but when I started this journey on the 29th March 2011, I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would find my soul mate on the other side of the world and that my new chapter would be starting in the African country of Ethiopia.  I had always joked that I would meet a Greek tycoon, an African Prince or even a Colombian Druglord, but to have actually captured an African heart is a dream come true for me and at the same time I hope to make a difference somehow to the amazing people that live in this very diverse and interesting country.  I also hope to open Ethiopia to the world and showcase what a great country it is to visit and I will be letting you know what kind of country it will be to live in.


I know that the transition for me will be challenging, but to be honest I think it will be easier to ween my way back into society here than if I was to be doing it back home.  There will be expectations of me in Ethiopia and I am just not sure who I would go back in Western life again?  Africa as a whole continent changed me, it was one of the biggest highlights spending 5 months there and I cant wait to call it my new home.



1 comment:

  1. Massive congrats on this exciting new chapter of yours x Emma x

    ReplyDelete